One Church, One Message, Many Expressions
Hours of Work: 20 hours per week, Tuesday to Friday
PORTICO’S MINISTRY OVERVIEW
PORTICO Community Church, is a Christian church, incorporated as a registered Canadian not-for-profit charity, affiliated with the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada (PAOC), serving the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) with campuses located in Mississauga, and Milton.
PORTICO’s senior pastor, elected by the official members, reports to the board of elders on vision, direction, ministry and church operations. The senior pastor is empowered and monitored through policy governance for the hiring, management and care of all ministry staff and for the oversight of ministries, facilities and operational matters.
PORTICO’S MINISTRY OBJECTIVES
PORTICO Community Church is passionately committed to its mission, vision and core values as defined below:
“Helping people find their way back to God.”
“One Church, One Message, Many Expressions.”
PORTICO’S CORE VALUES
“CONNECT with Christ and His family”
“GROW together in Christ likeness”
“SERVE Christ’s mission in the world.”
PORTICO strives to fulfill God’s purpose and design for His church as expressed through PORTICO’s stated ENDS.
We believe that because of PORTICO, people will Be Disciples who:
CONNECT with Christ and His Family Mathew 4:19 “Come...”
Mathew 11:28-30 “Come to me...”
GROW together in Christlikeness. Mathew 4:19-20 “...follow me...” Mathew 11:28-30 “...learn from me...”
SERVE Christ’s mission in the world.
Mathew 4:19-20 “...I will send you out...”
Mathew 28:19-20 “Go, and make disciples of all nations...”
And, there will be healthy, self-sustaining expressions of disciple-making communities that have capacity to reproduce themselves and are fully aligned with PORTICO’s Mission.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the role of Communications Assistant is to come alongside the Director of Communications and support the mission and vision of PORTICO.
The Communications Assistant is a person who is creative and detail-oriented with a passion for effective communication. The Communications Assistant will play a crucial role in supporting PORTICO’s communication efforts, contributing to the development and implementation of communication strategies, and ensuring a consistent and engaging message across various channels. They will have a firm grasp on the church’s mission, vision and strategy, and working in harmony with the pastoral team and ministry staff, will equip leaders and ministry partners to carry out PORTICO’S ENDs. To accomplish the expectations of this role, they will be fostering clear, compelling, and impactful communication that resonates with our audience and helps drive our mission and vision forward.
This role necessitates a leadership style that is servant-hearted and characterized by Christ-like attitudes. The leader must embrace a passion for individual spiritual development, exercise open and honest communication, be intentional in committing to initiating reconciliation & restoration when in disagreements, and express and maintain loyalty, confidentiality & support of the church leadership. Strong administrative and operational skills and experience, as well as a thorough understanding and commitment to working in a large church, multi-staff setting, will be critical for success in this role.
The Communications Assistant will be directly supervised by the Director of Communications, which includes but is not limited to: leadership support, goal setting, performance evaluation, mentoring, and training.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
The primary job role of the Communications Assistant is to provide support to the Director of Communications for the development and implementation of church-wide communications and marketing strategies, through email marketing campaigns, social media channels, website and church app, and other online engagement platforms.
The primary role of a Communications Assistant is to:
- Work with the communications team to design and deliver digital content, including eBooks, certificates, and all promotional graphics and images for PORTICO’s events and programs (published on Brushfire, Pardot, Paperform, LeadPages, the App and website, TikTok and PORTICO’s Learning Hub), according to branding standards.
- Create and update content on PORTICO’s website, App, and Kiosk, and Landing Pages, to ensure all announcements and upcoming events/programs are promoted in line with PORTICO’s marketing calendar.
- Upload and publish weekly sermon notes and Daily Devotionals, accessible on PORTICO’s App.
- Upload the weekly sermon Blog to PORTICO’s website.
- Manage PORTICO’s landing pages and Rebrandly links (CTAs).
- Update App user profiles with tags, and schedule push notifications from PORTICO’s App.
- Collaborate with the Video & Tech Ministries to schedule posts/stories on PORTICO’s Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Twitter accounts, maintaining consistency of messaging across all social media accounts.
- Draft weekly Pardot eBlasts, and maintain email segmentation lists, ensuring data is integrating with Salesforce.
- Assist with building and implementing Pardot Engagement Studio, to effectively engage leads and contacts through email marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with the Central Support team, to nurture leads collected from online form submissions and landing page lead magnets, through auto-responders and/or the Pardot Engagement Studio.
- Degree and/or certifications in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or a related field.
- Preferred minimum of two (2) years of hands-on experience in marketing and/or communications.
- Proven track record of successful project management in communication-related roles.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality graphic designs and content that align with organizational objectives.
- Proficiency in relevant design tools and a keen understanding of current industry standards and technological advancements.
- Demonstrated ability to engage the online community through a strong social media presence.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and maintain high attention to detail.
- Committed to training others to learn and produce content for a variety of platforms.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding and commitment to working in a large church, multistaff setting.
- Exhibit & nurture a passion for individual spiritual development.
- Exercise open and honest communication.
- Exercise a commitment to initiate reconciliation & restoration when offended.
- Possess the ability to inspire, motivate and lead others.
- Express and maintain loyalty, confidentiality & support of the church leadership.
- Actively participate in special activities.
As a member of PORTICO’s ministry support staff, this role requires that you personally embrace, actively promote and support PORTICO’s mission, vision, core values and Ends within all expressions of the church community.
This position is often involved in sensitive situations and the individual may become aware of privileged information requiring sound judgment and discretion. Strict confidentiality must be maintained when dealing with the elder board, pastoral or congregational related issues. A violation of confidentially is grounds for immediate dismissal.
The above-mentioned responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by the person employed in this role. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all assigned responsibilities, skills, efforts or working condition. PORTICO Community Church reserves the right to change, amend, delete or otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities and position titles as is deemed necessary to meet the vision, mission and purposes of PORTICO Community Church.
We thank all applicants, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any material or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
To apply for this job, please submit your application at: PORTICO.cc/job-application.