Nomination Form Submission Due Date: Sunday, Jun 2, 2019 [All Campuses].
In keeping with PORTICO’s General Operating By-laws, the Board of Elders has established an Elder Nominating Committee to prepare a slate of elder nominations for presentation and affirmation at our Annual Business Meeting in the fall. As part of this process, we invite all ‘Active’ members (an active member is someone who has been through the membership process…completed an application, attended the membership class, received acceptance into membership) to prayerfully consider and to speak to any candidates whose names they would like to submit for consideration by the nominating committee.
Qualifications for selection to the Board of Elders:
1. Is an active (official) member of the Church in good standing;
2. Is twenty-one (21) years of age or older;
3. Is personally committed to Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord and gives evidence thereof;
4. Is actively involved, serving into the Church‘s ministries;
5. Fulfills the spiritual qualifications of an overseer listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-10, 1 Peter 5:1-5;
6. Agrees to uphold and be subject to the Church’s Constitution;
7. Recognizes that membership on the Board of Elders is a commitment to humble service, not a position of honour or status, nor a reward for past service.
Nomination forms are available at campus Info Centres.
Both the person nominating, and the person being nominated, must be active (official) members and will need to sign the form before submitting it to the nominating committee via the Info Centre.
We humbly request our whole church family to join us in prayer as we seek God’s guidance for the selection of candidates to present for affirmation at our annual meeting.
PORTICO Board of Elders
Deadline to submit nomination forms is Sunday, Jun 2, 2019. If you have any questions, please contact Joan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905.826.9612.