Growth Group Study Guide
Re-Engage Your World
POINT 1: God has entrusted His mission to you
POINT 2: Each of us has a unique part to play in the mission
POINT 3: The mission is dependent on each of us to be obedient
Choose questions to get your group thinking and create openness:
- Begin your discussion with highlights from this Sunday’s sermon? What something that stood out to you? Share what you learned and how will it impact your life?
- What questions did this Sunday’s message raise? Share them in the group and offer your answers to each other’s questions.
Read Matthew 5:13-16. Being salt and light is not confined inside the “four walls of the church but be a salt and light to “the world”. What does it mean to come out of the four walls of the church in order to be salt in and light of the world?
Read John 8:12and Ephesians 3:16-19. Being salt and light to the world in not something that we can do by our own power and strength. We must allow Jesus, “the light of the world” to fill and empower us by His Holy Spirit. What should be the main characteristics of our lives that will be evident to other believers in Christ as well as to those who are out in the world?
Read Luke 9:23 and Galatians 2:20. What does it mean for us to “die to self” in every aspect of our lives?
What are the implications for us of dying to self and self-centeredness when it comes to our personal preferences or personal desires?
Read Matthew 9:37-38, Matthew 28:19-20. What does it mean for us to be a “worker” in Christ’s harvest field? How this sense of urgency of harvest affect how you view opportunities to be a “worker” in your workplace or neighborhood?
1. Pray for one another in your group that you will be filled and empowered by His Spirit to be salt in and light of the world.
2. Pray as a group about how you might, in some practical ways, be salt in and light to the community in which you live and work.
Take 10-15 minutes
to share in your group some of the insight you have learned from your recent Life Journal Readings. For reference, here are this week's passages.
Life Journal Readings
- August 26 (Day 239) - Jeremiah 52; Revelation 1; Psalms 143; Psalms 144
- August 27 (Day 240) - Ezekiel 1; Ezekiel 2; Ezekiel 3; Revelation 2
- August 28 (Day 241) - Ezekiel 4; Ezekiel 5; Ezekiel 6; Ezekiel 7; Revelation 3
- August 29 (Day 242) - Ezekiel 8; Ezekiel 9; Ezekiel 10; Ezekiel 11; Revelation 4
- August 30 (Day 243) - Ezekiel 12; Ezekiel 13; Ezekiel 14; Revelation 5
- August 31 (Day 244) - Ezekiel 15; Ezekiel 16; Psalms 70; Revelation 6
- September 1 (Day 245) - Ezekiel 17; Ezekiel 18; Ezekiel 19; Revelation 7
- September 2 (Day 246) - Ezekiel 20; Ezekiel 21; Psalms 111; Revelation 8
- September 3 (Day 247) - Ezekiel 22; Ezekiel 23; Ezekiel 24; Revelation 9
- September 4 (Day 248) - Ezekile 25; Ezekiel 26; Ezekiel 27; Ezekiel 28; Revelation 10
- September 5 (Day 249) - Ezekiel 29; Ezekiel 30; Ezekiel 31; Ezekiel 31; Revelation 11
Lamentations 3:40 MSG