Growth Group Study Guide
POINT 1: Who’s in your boat?
POINT 2: How are you building your community?
POINT 3: Does your community help shape your decisions?
Choose questions to get your group thinking and create openness:
Begin your discussion with highlights from this Sunday’s sermon? What something that stood out to you? Share what you learned and how will it impact your life?
What questions did this Sunday’s message raise? Share them in the group and offer your answers to each other’s questions.
Read Acts 2:42-47. What do you think is the difference going to church and being part of a church? Where might God be calling you to serve and give in your church? If you are already serving and giving, how has that affected you?
Describe specific ways that your local church has helped you grow in spiritual maturity.
What does your church mean to you?
If it is unhealthy to live life in isolation, why do so many people choose to live that way? How can you help them?
Read Romans 12:10-15 and Hebrews 10:23-25. What elements of community you see emphasized in these passages?
- Pray that we would have unity amid diversity.
- Pray that a culture of discipling would form in which making disciples is viewed as an ordinary part of the Christian life.
- Pray that the church will be a light.
Take 10-15 minutes
to share in your group some of the insight you have learned from your recent Life Journal Readings. For reference, here are this week's passages.
Life Journal Readings
- September 13 (Day 257) - Ezekiel 36; Ezekiel 37; Psalms 110; Revelation 19
- September 14 (Day 258) - Ezekiel 38; Ezekiel 39; Psalms 145; Revelation 20
- September 15 (Day 259) - Ezekiel 40; Ezekiel 41; Psalms 128; Revelation 21
- September 16 (Day 260) - Ezekiel 42; Ezekiel 43; Ezekiel 44; Revelation 22
- September 17 (Day 261) - Ezekiel 45; Ezekiel 46; Luke 1
- September 18 (Day 262) - Ezekiel 47; Ezekiel 48; Luke 2
- September 19 (Day 263) - Daniel 5; Daniel 6; Psalms 130; Luke 3
Lamentations 3:40 MSG