Growth Group Study Guide
You Can Do This!
POINT 1: We make hard choices
POINT 2: We reveal God’s nature
POINT 3: We commit to spiritual growth
Choose questions to get your group thinking and create openness:
Begin your discussion with highlights from this Sunday’s sermon? What something that stood out to you? Share what you learned and how will it impact your life?
What questions did this Sunday’s message raise? Share them in the group and offer your answers to each other’s questions.
Read Colossians 1:1-14. Paul, the writer of the book of Colossians hasn’t met these new believers, yet he is attracted to them. Why? What types of people are you attracted to when you enter a new church group?
What are the qualities Paul saw in the new believers at Colossae, that should be seen in the Christian life?
According to Colossians 1:10-12, how can you live a life that is worthy of the Lord, and that pleases Him in every way? How, or in what way, should our lives be different due to having these qualities?
Prayer is vital to our Christian life. What can you learn from Colossians 1:9-10 about how often we should be praying for one another? What can you learn from Colossians 1:9-14 about why believers in Jesus Christ need to pray for one another?
How does your prayer for others compare with Paul’s: In intensity? In thankfulness? In clarity? In faithfulness?
- Pray for our national leaders and medical experts. Pray for wisdom on how to navigate through this pandemic.
- Pray for one another in your group that you will demonstrate the qualities that we need to have in order to live a life that is worthy of the Lord and that pleases Him in every way.
Take 10-15 minutes
to share in your group some of the insight you have learned from your recent Life Journal Readings. For reference, here are this week's passages.
Life Journal Readings
- October 4 (Day 278) - Esther 3; Esther 4; Esther 5; Esther 6; Esther 7
- October 5 (Day 279) - Esther 9; Esther 10; Luke 19
- October 6 (Day 280) - Ezra 7; Ezra 8; Luke 20
- October 7 (Day 281) - Ezra 9; Ezra 10; Psalms 131; Luke 21
- October 8 (Day 282) - Nehemiah 1; Nehemiah 2; Psalms 133; Luke 22
- October 9 (Day 283) - Nehemiah 3; Nehemiah 4; Luke 23
- October 10 (Day 284) - Nehemiah 5; Nehemiah 6; Psalms 146; Luke 24
Colossians 3:15 NLT
"And let peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful."