Growth Group Study Guide
The Power of Serving
POINT 1: Serving comes with a cost
POINT 2: Serving is not dependent on my abilities
POINT 3: Serving should ultimately reveal Christ
Choose questions to get your group thinking and create openness:
Begin your discussion with highlights from this Sunday’s sermon? What something that stood out to you? Share what you learned and how will it impact your life?
What questions did this Sunday’s message raise? Share them in the group and offer your answers to each other’s questions.
Read Colossians 1:24 – 2:5. In verse 24, how or what have you suffered or given up for Christ in your life? What would you be willing to suffer if it meant the spiritual health of your family? Your community?
According to verse 28-29, what are some of the labors of a Christian? How are we supposed to labor? What is the goal of these things?
In Colossians 2:2-3 says, all wisdom and knowledge is found in Christ. Where else do people often look for these things?
In verse 28, how could finding your wisdom and knowledge in Christ alone help present you “fully mature in Christ”?
What ministry might you be involved in more if, like Paul, you had a sense of urgency and responsibility/stewardship of your knowledge of the Gospel?
- Pray for wisdom our national leaders with the increasing number of COVID cases.
- Pray for grace, peace and strength to those who are suffering because of death, loss of job and sickness.
- Pray for health, safety and protection of the students going to school buildings.
Take 10-15 minutes
to share in your group some of the insight you have learned from your recent Life Journal Readings. For reference, here are this week's passages.
Life Journal Readings
- October 11 (Day 285) - Nehemiah 7; Nehemiah 8; Acts 1
- October 12 (Day 286) - Nehemiah 9; Nehemiah 10; Acts 2
- October 13 (Day 287) - Nehemiah 11; Nehemiah 12; Psalms 11; Acts 3
- October 14 (Day 288) - Nehemiah 13; Malachi 1; Malachi 2; Acts 4
- October 15 (Day 289) - Malachi 3; Malachi 4; Psalms 148; Acts 5
- October 16 (Day 290) - Job 1; Job 2; Acts 6; Acts 7
- October 17 (Day 291) - Job 3; Job 4; Acts 8; Acts 9
Colossians 3:15 NLT
"And let peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful."