Growth Group Study Guide
POINT 1: Be intentional about your character
POINT 2: Be restorative in your attitude towards others
POINT 3: Be missional all in your life's purpose
Choose questions to get your group thinking and create openness:
Begin your discussion with highlights from this Sunday’s sermon? What was something that stood out to you? Share what you learned and how it will impact your life.
What is the nicest suit or outfit you have ever worn?
Open your bible and read Colossians 3:12-17. Verse 12 Paul calls the Colossians “chosen, holy, dearly loved.” Which part of that means the most to you?
Read Deuteronomy 7:6-11. How does this help in understanding this passage in Colossians?
Paul mentioned to clothe ourselves with these 5 virtues. Which of these comes naturally to you? … and which do you think the hardest
The peace of Christ mentioned in 3:15 is less about an individual’s feelings and more about peaceful relationship in community. In other words, because we have peace with God in Christ, we no longer need to feel relational hostility toward others. How would you articulate the peace of Christ? What does this look like specifically in how we relate to other Christians and non-Christians?
How can our Growth Group and our church help us experience the riches and new life that we have in Christ?
Pray that your life will be marked by Christ’s love and it would draw many people to Him. Pray that you will be loving, gracious, kind, compassionate, generous, humble, and that you will easily forgive others.
Ask God to help you love others as you’ve experienced His love. Lift up to Him especially those who seem difficult to love and speak a blessing over your relationship with them.
Take 10-15 minutes
to share in your group some of the insight you have learned from your recent Life Journal Readings. For reference, here are this week's passages.
Life Journal Readings
- November 8 (Day 313) - Job 34; 1 Corinthians 4; 1 Corinthians 5; 1 Corinthians 6
- November 9 (Day 314) - Job 35; Job 36; 1 Corinthians 7; 1 Corinthians 8
- November 10 (Day 315) - Psalms 122; 1 Corinthians 9; 1 Corinthians 10; 1 Corinthians 11
- November 11 (Day 316) - Job 37; Job 38; 1 Corinthians 12
- November 12 (Day 317) - Job 39; Job 40; 1 Corinthians 13; 1 Corinthians 14
- November 13 (Day 318) - Psalms 149; 1 Corinthians 15; 1 Corinthians 16
- November 14 (Day 319) - Job 41; Job 42; 2 Corinthians 1; 2 Corinthians 2
Colossians 3:15 NLT
"And let peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful."