Growth Group Study Guide
Faith Beyond Sundays
POINT 1: Posture of our Hearts
POINT 2: Priority of our Faith
Choose questions to get your group thinking and create openness:
Begin your discussion with highlights from this Sunday’s sermon? What was something that stood out to you? Share what you learned and how it will impact your life.
What are the hardest aspects of your work? What are your least favorite parts? What about it makes it so difficult?
Read Colossians 3:18-21 and Ephesians 5:21-25. What does “submission” and “love” in marriage look like?
Share some situations and factors in today’s world that makes successful family living difficult.
What is one way you can improve the way you treat each member of your family?
Read Colossians 3:22-4:1 What should be our attitude as believers towards an employer, a church leader, or anyone else who has authority over us? In what way should our actions demonstrate this kind of attitude?
How might the reality that you are working for Jesus, not man, impact this aspect of your work? Be specific. Imagine yourself doing that last favorite part of your job for Jesus. How might it look different?
Pray for family relationships (Husband and Wife; Parent and child).
Pray for salvation of family members.
Pray for your boss. Pray for your pastors. Pray for our national leaders.
Take 10-15 minutes
to share in your group some of the insight you have learned from your recent Life Journal Readings. For reference, here are this week's passages.
Life Journal Readings
- November 15 (Day 320) - 2 Corinthians 3; 2 Corinthians 4; 2 Corinthians 5; 2 Corinthians 6
- November 16 (Day 321) - 2 Corinthians 7; 2 Corinthians 8; 2 Corinthians 9; 2 Corinthians 10
- November 17 (Day 322) - Psalms 124; 2 Corinthians 11; 2 Corinthains 12; 2 Corinthians 13
- November 18 (Day 323) - Matthew 1; Matthew 2; Matthew 3; Matthew 4
- November 19 (Day 324) - Matthew 5; Matthew 6; Matthew 7
- November 20 (Day 325) - Matthew 8; Matthew 9; Matthew 10
- November 21 (Day 326) - Matthew 11; Matthew 12; Matthew 13
Colossians 3:15 NLT
"And let peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful."