Growth Group Study Guide
Don't Spectate -- Participate!
POINT 1: Prayer is more than liturgy
POINT 2: Conversations are more than chance encounters
Choose questions to get your group thinking and create openness:
Begin your discussion with highlights from this Sunday’s sermon? What was something that stood out to you? Share what you learned and how it will impact your life.
Read Colossians:4:2-6; Eph. 6:18; 1 Thess. 5:16-18; 1 Pet. 5:8. How would you describe your prayer life? (e.g., intense, lukewarm, sporadic, frustrating. . .)
In Colossians 4:2, what does it mean to devote yourselves to prayer being watchful and thankful? How do the three parts relate to each other in this scripture?
Talk about specific answers to prayer? How have they encouraged you?
Talk about specific answers to prayer–that where not what you hoped for? How did that encourage or discourage you?
How would you like your prayer life to be different? What change would you need to make in order to improve your prayer life?
In verses 5-6, what principles do you to build into your life as you relate to non-believers.
Thank God for your relationship with Him, and how you can know Him more every day. Pray that your relationship with God will always be of highest value to you.
Pray that you would develop spiritual disciplines and habits that will help you know God more. Pray that your motive and heart would be to honor God, and trust that He will reward you accordingly.
Pray that you will be a blessing to others, and that your faith will cause others to know and follow God as well.
Take 10-15 minutes
to share in your group some of the insight you have learned from your recent Life Journal Readings. For reference, here are this week's passages.
Life Journal Readings
- November 22 (Day 327) - Matthew 14; Matthew 15; Matthew 16
- November 23 (Day 328) - Matthew 17; Matthew 18; Matthew 19
- November 24 (Day 329) - Matthew 20; Matthew 21; Matthew 22
- November 25 (Day 330) - Matthew 23; Matthew 24; Matthew 25
- November 26 (Day 331) - Psalms 125; Matthew 26; Matthew 27
- November 27 (Day 332) - Matthew 28; 1 Thessalonians 1; 1 Thessalonians 2; 1 Thessalonians 3
- November 28 (Day 333) - 1 Thessalonians 4; 1 Thessalonians 5; 2 Thessalonians 1; 2 Thessalonians 2; 2 Thessalonians 3
Colossians 3:15 NLT
"And let peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful."